How many ways can the Pineapple Express poster find to work in not-so-subtle references to marijuana? I count five.
1. The title, which the trailer explains is a type of the marijuana drug.
2. The "Put this in your pipe and smoke it" tagline. Because the marijuana drug is smoked, sometimes in a pipe.
3. Actual, physical smoke surrounding the characters, as is produced by the marijuana drug.
4. James Franco's look of jovial euphoria, as may be caused by the marijuana drug.
5. The second tagline, "From the guys who brought you Superbad." Because any time the term "from the guys who brought you..." is used, the only logical response to the instant rage it creates is to either escape through drug use or destroy something beautiful.
Pineapple Poster! [JoBlo]
IESB has posted six (6!) new clips from Pineapple Express that have assured me more than ever that this movie will be really good, and that I won't have built it up to myself and everyone else only to be horribly disappointed. Right? Watch them and tell me I'm right.... / Continue →
Looks like producer Judd Apatow (who I'm only familiar with as a nameless "guy" who brought me something else) is sticking with the tried and true "here's someone's head" model of poster design for Pineapple Express. Placing this side-by-side with the Knocked Up poster gives yo... / Continue →
I've already professed my unbridled enthusiasm for the Seth Rogen/James Franco action-buddy-stoner-comedy Pineapple Express, so I won't continue assaulting you with reasons this is one of the few summer films I have genuine expectations for. Suffice to say, there's a new traile... / Continue →