Ricky Gervais's 'Life's Too Short' Promo, We Need Another Mike Tyson Television Series, and More...
- Mike Tyson, Spike Lee, L.A. Riots' John Ridley, and Entourage creator Doug Ellin are working with HBO to create a series called Da Brick, which would depict the early life of Iron Mike growing up in Newark. Already there's opposition to my plea to never, ever replicate any of the life decisions of Mike Tyson?
- Though Megan Fox is no longer allowed on the Transformers set, Sacha Baron Cohen is still cool with her, pulling her in as a late addition to the cast of The Dictator. Looks like she'll be staving off her inevitable fate as a Scary Movie series cameo for just a little longer.
- With Jennifer Lopez's stint on American Idol sort of reminding us we still have a Jennifer Lopez in this world, the former flygirl is now in talks for two parts: the female lead opposite Jason Statham in Parker and a supporting role to Cameron Diaz in What To Expect When You're Expecting. Because it's not like there is a recent critical and financial precedent to never again make a movie about Jennifer Lopez and pregnancy, right?
- Saw and Insidious director James Wan is in talks to direct The Conjuring for New Line. Is The Conjuring a "true story" of some haunting that never happened but can be shot for a million bucks or so? You better believe it is!
- And here's that promo for Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant's Life's Too Short, which stars Warwick Davis and apparently everyone who seemed exceptionally pathetic on Extras: