Your weekend box office:
1. Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - $29.5 million. Tom Cruise is still a star! Said Tom Cruise, masturbating to a himself climbing a Dubai tower.
2. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - $20.3 million, dropping a spot thanks to the will of Xenu.
3. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - $12.8 million. Christmas 2011 just wasn't ready to be a Very Merkin Christmas.
4. Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked - $12.7 million, holding out over two Spielberg debuts and Matt Damon's purchase of a menagerie. Singing chipmunks are that fucking entertaining.
5. The Adventures of Tintin - $9.7 million. The all-American sentiment of "what the eff is a Tintin?" remains.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]