UPDATE: Numbers now up-to-date and accurate. You did it, End of Watch.
The weekend's box office results are still too close to call this morning, with studio estimates placing new releases End of Watch and House at the End of the Streets in a dead heat at around $13 million. Not far behind is the new Clint Eastwood-Amy Adams baseball drama Trouble with the Curve, which may still alternately scowl and delight its way into first place. Dredd, meanwhile, did not do so hot, and looks unlikely to crack the top five with an estimated $6.3 million--barely half the opening of the Judge Dredd adaptation that came out 17 years ago. Maybe next remake, huh, J.D.?
Here's how things look so far (to be updated later):
1. End of Watch - $13.2 million
2. House at the End of the Street - $12.3 million
3. Trouble with the Curve - $12.1 million
4. Finding Nemo - $9.4 million
5. Resident Evil: Retribution - $6.7 million
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]