Your weekend box office:
1. Taken 2 - $50 million, more than twice the opening of the first film and noticeably higher than comparable releases like Safe House, The Bourne Legacy, and National Lampoon's European Vacation.
2. Hotel Transylvania - $26.3 million, thanks to the patronage of children still too young to experience the horrors of what Liam Neeson does when people try to sell his wife or daughter into sexual servitude.
3. Pitch Perfect - $14.7 million, continuing to find success with those who for some reason do not hate a capella covers.
4. Looper - $12.2 million as another weekend passes during which I have thankfully not Loopered myself.
5. Frankenweenie - $11.5 million, succeeding only among a core base of dog reanimation fetishists.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]