Your weekend box office:
1. Argo - $12.4 million, climbing to the top in its third week--much like Daredevil only learned to ascend the city's buildings after time spent training, Ben Affleck mused.
2. Hotel Transylvania - $9.5 million, with young children still flocking to the goofy animated film as they maintain that David Mitchell's science fiction novel is unfilmable.
3. Cloud Atlas - $9.4 million. To put that in perspective, that's only like $1.5 million per wigged Hanks.
4. Paranormal Activity 4 - $8.7 million, dropping over 70% as a hurricane-threatened, soon-to-be housebound East Coast face concerns about making their homes too spooky.
5. Taken 2/Silent Hill: Revelation 3D - $8 million. It's a pretty poor debut for the Silent Hill film, but still way better than Gerard Butler Surfs: The Movie; while fellow new release Fun Size squeezed in the top ten with $4 million, Chasing Mavericks only managed a 13th place, $2.2 million opening in over 2000 theaters.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]