'Jack the Giant Slayer' SLAYS Box Office! (Not an Accurate Statement)
Your weekend box office:
1. Jack the Giant Slayer - $28 million, giving the $200 million film a weaker opening than even John Carter, last year's gold standard of "man, did that do shitty."
2. Identity Thief - $9.7 million. The film is now at over $100 million domestic. You'd really hope Melissa McCarthy would get to stop making Mike & Molly episodes sometime soon.
3. 21 and Over - $9 million. Looks like audiences are done with getting drunk and having a wild night. On to harder substances!
4. The Last Exorcism, Part II - $8 million--less than half the opening of the last Last Exorcism.
5. Snitch - $7.7 million. Needed more askew eyebrow arching, The Rock.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]