Your weekend box office:
1. Iron Man 3 - $72.5 million, holding off Baz Luhrmann's new release to remain America's most important literary adaptation.
2. The Great Gatsby - $51 million, a strong debut despite its failing to take out last week's leader. It should hold up reasonably well in coming weeks, as the summer film market gets cluttered with action blockbusters and this becomes the only film where Leonardo DiCaprio throws shirts around.
3. Pain and Gain - $5 million. Hey, mom wanted to see it, so what can you do?
4. Tyler Perry Presents Peeples - $4.9 million, which goes to show that Perry can't just slap his name on something and expect it to sell. He's got to use a possessive apostrophe, too.
5. 42 - $4.7 million, still hanging on to the top five in its fifth week in theaters, now with a gross of over $84 million. Truly impressive how little people want to see the recently-released The Big Wedding.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]