'Star Trek' Continues Payback for All Those Years of Being Ridiculed
Your weekend box office:
1. Star Trek Into Darkness - $70.6 million, another huge, number-one opening for the re-invented franchise. Things keep going this way, one day John Cho is going to have quite the popular Facebook page.
2. Iron Man 3 - $35.1 million. As one Sherlock ascends, another falls. Much like in my fan fiction, Swapping Holmes.
3. The Great Gatsby - $23.4 million. The film is now only $10 million short of the $100 million domestic gross F. Scott Fitzgerald always imagined as sort of an unofficial success benchmark.
4. Pain and Gain - $3.1 million, still holding on to the top five until next week, when The Rock is getting his drivers license.
5. The Croods - $2.8 million, climbing up two spots in its 9th week as your kid just had to see this fucking thing again.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]