Weekend Box Office, Like Subway Footlong, Dominated by Meatballs
Your weekend box office:
1. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 - $35 million. Finally, a movie that appealed to our love of being offered more meatballs.
2. Prisoners - $11.3 million for the Wolverine story we've always wanted: the one where he just keeps insistently going after Paul Dano.
3. Rush - $10.3 million, falling short of predictions that your dad might want to go, as he said, "Why would I want to see the movie? Watched it happen on TV," and you didn't have a reply.
4. Baggage Claim - $9.3 million. A romantic-comedy about a stewardess and called "Baggage Claim" just had to exist and make money at some point, right?
5. Don Jon - $9 million. Just successful enough to rationalize your local news this week doing a poorly-researched story on their slim understanding of porn addiction.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]