Given the choice of a loose treasure hunting premise constructed solely as a background to an even looser comedy-romance, a joint concert performed by a fictional television character and an actual human, and something with Martin Lawrence where at least one joke is based on how unsightly fat women are, what would America choose? Despite what you might think, the answer is not death.
1. Fool's Gold - Took in $22 million, and created the most excitement for tans, blonde hair, and abs since Hulkamania.
2. Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins - A powerful $17.1 million weekend proved this is indeed Martin Lawrence's Garden State.
3. Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour - A $10.5 million weekend inspired father Billy Ray to put together a Clint 'Doc' Cassidy/Billy Ray Cyrus: Curing That Achy-Breaky Heart Tour.
4. The Eye - Though many theaters, due to a lack of prints, showed The Grudge instead, the film still made $6.6 million and no one seemed to notice or care.
5. Juno - $5.7 million--honest to blog! Get it? Like that line in the movie.
Weekend Box Office Estimates [Box Office Mojo]