This weekend's box office results:
1. The Day the Earth Stood Still - $31 million, though that could still rise dramatically once we get the numbers back from space
2. Four Christmases - $13.3 million. The constant trickle of festively-dressed, moderately-entertained people leaving theaters has barely slowed.
3. Twilight - Indisputably our largest form of vampire revenue, bringing in another $8 million.
4. Bolt - $7.5 million. Another unimpressive weekend exhibits the post-Beverly Hills Chihuahua talking dog malaise.
5. Australia - $4.3 million--still a disappointing take, but at least providing Hugh Jackman a great joke to use at the Oscars this year: "Hey, Australia didn't make anywhere near its massive budget back! Am I right?"
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]