** That's that. Thanks to everyone who took the time to submit something. I'll go through these and get back with a winner and some honorable mentions as soon as I can. **
Alright, everyone who likes classic British comedy readily available in their home video collections: it's contest time! A&E Home Video has been kind of enough to provide a copy of the Monty Python Collector's Set, a 21-disc box set with four seasons of the series, two new-to-DVD documentaries, two live performances, and six "personal best" compilations, and you can win it.
Here's how to enter: holiday movie season is here, so what I want is your best (by which I mean worst) idea for a seasonal movie that has not yet been made. In the comments, provide a title and a very brief (one or two sentence) summary or tagline for your film idea. For example:
- 'Twas the Knight- Nicolas Cage decrypts a code hidden in 'Twas the Night Before Christmas that unlocks the power to transform into an Arthurian knight, thus saving Christmas.
- HanukkAHHH!!! - Eight nights of murder. Don't forget to light your candles.
You get the idea. Hopefully yours will be better than those.
So, in summary:
1. Come up with a fake holiday movie title and accompanying one or two sentence summary.
2. Post it in the comments of this entry using a valid email address, so that I can contact you if you win. (Emails will not be published or sold or anything, you paranoid.)
3. Pray a producer doesn't steal your idea.
The entry I deem best wins. Contest ends Monday, December 8 at 5 PM EST. Let's make this the best contest ever.
(More standard official rules stuff here.)