Our best movies this previous weekend were:
1. Paul Blart: Mall Cop - $31.8 million. So that's why everyone was giving me friendly waves at my night job...
2. Gran Torino - $22 million, still astounding for a movie marketed entirely on scowling, finger guns, and a few actual guns.
3. My Bloody Valentine 3-D - $21.3 million. Expect commercials proclaiming it "the number 3-D movie in the country!"
4. Notorious - $20.5 million, 20.5 million problems! (Like that one song of the three Notorious B.I.G. hits I know.)
5. Hotel for Dogs - $17 million. What's this one about again? I forget exactly what the premise is.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]