Apparently no one realized a new Brendan Fraser movie opened this weekend, and instead everyone saw these movies:
1. Paul Blart: Mall Cop - $21.5 million. Maybe let's not all see Paul Blart next weekend, just to give something else a shot. We'll divide it up: last names beginning with A-M, you get to enjoy the endless laughter this weekend.
2. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans - $20.7 million. Nice try, Underworld, but last I checked there isn't a King of Queens vampire, which makes your movie bullshit in comparison to anything with a King of Queens.
3. Gran Torino - $16 million, putting it less than $3 million away from reaching $100 million. How did that happen?
4. Hotel for Dogs - $12.4 million. Oooh, a hotel for dogs, you say? That sounds good.
5. Slumdog Millionaire - $10.6 million. Oooh, something else about a dog, you say? That also sounds good.