Your box office report, sirs and madams:
1. Taken - $24.6 million. Now you know: never take anything from Liam Neeson.
2. Paul Blart: Mall Cop - $14 million. I'm starting to think Kevin James might have a shot at stealing the Blockbuster Comedy Go-To Fat Guy crown. Jack Black, watch your back.
3. The Uninvited - $10.5 million, barely beating a three-week-old movie about a hotel that is for dogs.
4. Hotel for Dogs - A mere $8.7 million, keeping its total gross a distant second to the other recent movie about an orphaned genius inventor named Bruce.
5. Gran Torino - $8.6 million. The eighth week of an old racist man drama easily beat a new Renee Zellweger romantic comedy (8th). That just blew up the Hollywood system.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]