These films were considered the "top" movies of the weekend:
1. Angels & Demons - The only major new release this weekend took in $48 million, barely besting Star Trek and making far less than The Da Vinci Code's $77 million opening. Ron Howard really should have caved to studio pressure to add more albinos. Unless there were more albinos in this but they just weren't in the trailer, in which case they really should have sold us on those albinos.
2. Star Trek - $43 million, bringing it within $4 million of Wolverine's total gross, but still no closer to my mom not calling it Star Track.
3. X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.8 million, a drop of another 44%, but a fall that is reportedly still not affecting sales of Wolverine X-Treme Capuccinos.
4. Ghosts of Girlfriends Past - $6.9 million. Remember when Matthew McConaughey was in Amistad?
5. Obsessed - $4.5 million, putting the sleeper hit over $40 million above its $20 million budget, not to mention how much it's made in Beyonce action figure sales.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]