The top five movies in the country, in order of both box office gross and likelihood of there being a funny voice at any given point in the film:
1. Bruno - $30.4 million. According to research, "the main reasons people checked off for seeing the movie were the "Humor" (74 percent), Sacha Baron Cohen (57 percent), Borat (52 percent) and the "Outrageousness" (50 percent)," which is surprising, because how do 50% of people list "outrageousness" among their criteria for anything?
2. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs - $28.5 million, and each ticket sold was voiced by Brad Garrett for some reason.
3. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $24.2 million. Who would have expected the Fallen's revenge would be living well?
4. Public Enemies - $14.1 million. Who wants to see Christian Bale face off against someone as pedestrian as John Dillinger? The guy's fought Terminators and Jokers! At least give Dillinger infrared vision or something.
5. The Proposal - $10.5 million, reasserting that marriage is both beautiful and hilarious.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]