Sorry, guys, Daddy had a doctor's appointment this morning and it took much longer than expected to get the news I'm not entirely dying. Anyway, let's get the weekend's box office numbers out of the way:
1. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - $54.7 million, thanks to Transformers paving the way for basically anything with a lot of action and an '80s toyline to make a ton of money.
2. Julie & Julia - $20 million, though if the film encouraged just one person to go home and cook a nice meal, that's worth more in a way. In a really stupid way, where a night of pork chops is worth over $20 million.
3. G-Force - $9.9 million. I liked how the guinea pigs talked.
4. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - $8.9 million. Clearly our most profitable magic user.
5. Funny People - $8 million, narrowly beating Standard People.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]