Box office totals for Friday through Monday, our day of labor:
1. The Final Destination - $15.5 million. Good to see I'm not the only one who enjoys spending a leisurely weekend watching teenagers die strange, elaborate deaths.
2. Inglourious Basterds - $15 million. Did you realize inglorious and glorious aren't the same thing? It's not like flammable/inflammable. Just in case you haven't seen the movie yet, I don't want you to go in confused.
3. All About Steve - $13.9 million. A 5% Rotten Tomatoes rating does little to tarnish the glistening star power of Miss Congeniality.
4. Gamer - $11.2 million. Look, I know Gamer looks stupid, but does it really look this much stupider than The Final Destination? Yeah, I guess it probably does.
5. District 9 - $9 million. This film's clear allegorical message really taught me something about not letting alien fluids spray in my mouth.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]