A confusing weekend box office for you:
1. The Blind Side - Despite being in its third week of release, and in the face of the wide releases of three new films and continued competition from New Moon, Sandra Bullock saved a giant boy (or did he save her...?) to the tune of $20.4 million, taking the top spot in he box office. What is happening here? Clearly word-of-mouth is at play, but whose mouths are these? And what are their words?
2. New Moon - $15.7 million. The profits for these Twilight things tend to taper off after everyone has seen it enough to get the entire script recorded in their diaries.
3. Brothers - $9.7 million, placing it third overall but first in the category "films that would be a really poorly-thought out way to tell your brother you slept with his wife while he was at war."
4. A Christmas Carol - $7.5 million. Merry Creepy!
5. Old Dogs - $6.9 million. Godspeed into cultural obscurity, Old Dogs. Thanks for all the times you looked so outstandingly stupid as to make my job easy.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]