Your weekend box office top five, presented this week by whatever banner ads you're avoiding:
1. Shutter Island - $40.2 million, proving Scorsese films fare best when their name hints they could be a reality series.
2. Valentine's Day - With the actual Valentine's Day now passed, this week audiences returned to this romantic comedy to see how much of it came true. $17.2 million.
3. Avatar - $16.1 million, climbing back up from 4th--something Avatar historians will later refer to as "the bounce-back period."
4. Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief - $15.3 million, another middling box office showing, demonstrating America's continued indifference towards lightning theft.
5. The Wolfman - $9.8 million, still leaving it $100 million from earning back its budget. I say just market the DVD as a Wolfman Jack biopic.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]