Your weekend box office totals:
1. Paranormal Activity 2 - $41.5 million. We've finally recovered all that gimmicky horror sequel optimism we lost on Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows, apparently! A new shaky-cam day has arrived!
2. Jackass 3-D - $21.6 million. There's a waning but still palpable interest in comic genital mutilation.
3. Red - $15 million, putting it ever-so-close to topping the domestic gross of Old Dogs, which should really be the goal of every "aren't they old?" comedy.
4. Hereafter - $12 million. Sorry, Matt Damon. Round 1 of "Who Will Be Our Generation's Ghost Whisperer?" goes to Jennifer Love Hewitt.
5. The Social Network - $7.3 million. Mark Zuckerberg probably spend that much yesterday on his special curly hair guy shampoo.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]