Your weekend box office:
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 - $125 million, setting a new opening record for the franchise and justifying the wearing of wizard costumes to a lot of weirdos.
2. Megamind - $16.2 million. I didn't see Megamind this weekend, but I did catch a commercial in which Megamind attempts to procure a McDonald's Happy Meal, and it was really annoying.
3. Unstoppable - $13.1 million, bringing its box office total to over $40 million, which sounds okay until you realize this film was somehow given a $100 million budget. Seriously, a hundred million dollars to make a movie about an out-of-control train. Who gave that the go-ahead?
4. Due Date - $9.2 million, continuing to be the most "yeah, if we're seeing something, I guess I'd see that" film of the year.
5. The Next Three Days - $6.8 million. If you haven't already, you will have forgotten this movie exists by next week.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]