- A Milli Vanilli movie? You got it!
- Nicholas Hoult, the kid from About a Boy who's now our new Beast X-Man, will play the title role in Bryan Singer's Jack the Giant Killer. I don't care for how smoothly this child star is progressing so smoothly into adult leading roles.
- Why does every animated character suddenly look so nervous? Does Woody know something he isn't telling us?
- That there are two independent productions in development--a film and a SyFy series--about Houdini and Arthur Conan Doyle fighting crime makes me think I should copyright my idea for James Buchanan Meets Frankenstein.
- Tom Cruise is in final talks to star as Stacee Jaxx in Adam Shankman's adaptation of Rock of Ages. Is Jaxx that guy from the musical's commercials? Because I really want to see Tom Cruise acting like this.
- Gremlins director Joe Dante is hopping on the bandwagon and directing Monster Love, the story of a Dracula and a Wolfman falling in love, described as "ROMEO AND JULIET with fangs." Must he?
- And if you're really hard up for another unnecessary conflation, here's The Legend of Zelda as non-stop references to '80s John Hughes, and occasionally Cameron Crowe (thanks, Paul):
I wish that were so much shorter.