Your weekend top five:
1. Limitless - $19 million. It turns out Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy could have fared better financially as a rap video imagery-based thriller with fewer references to gay dads.
2. Rango - $15.3 million, holding on to the second position for its second straight week. Way to go, Rango.
3. Battle: Los Angeles - $14.6 million, failing to attract families both due to its PG-13 rating and because of fears from older children that the "aliens invading California" premise might invite their conservative parents into another alarmingly racist conversation about immigration.
4. The Lincoln Lawyer - $13.4 million. Lionsgate is fine that not that many people wanted to see Matthew McConaughey run a law practice out of a car. But, for future reference, they would like to know what business you would pay to see Matthew McConaughey run from a car.
5. Paul - $13.2 million. This lackluster showing is why no one is bothering with targeting the nerd demographics, nerds. Wait, never mind, The Hobbit just started shooting.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]