Your weekend box office:
1. Rio - $26.8 million. Funny, when I'd dreamed of birds taking down Tyler Perry, it was always much different: him, on his back, incapacitated by his signature character's layers of costume padding, as the pecking birds mercilessly ignore his cries--still screamed in the affected voice of Madea.
2. Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family - $25.8 million. Not the best Tyler Perry's Madea opening ever, but he has a few more shots at improving.
3. Water for Elephants - $17.5 million. No point in beating yourself up about the past, but the elephants probably should have had human voices.
4. Hop - $12.5 million--up over 16% from last weekend, the holiday weekend getting everyone in the mood to watch a real piece of shit.
5. Scream 4 - $7.1 million. Oh, come on. Just look up who did it on Wikipedia already.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]