Your weekend box office:
[UPDATE: whups, turns out Hanna beat Arthur too.]
1. Hop - $21.7 million. Expect the film's box office success to continue into Easter, after which seeing it no longer counts as going to church.
3. Hanna - $12.3 million. America's desire to watch a child trained to murder was bested only by the desire to hear the dulcet tones of Katy Perry's husband shouting.
2. Arthur - $12.2 million. You know, now that I look at him, I guess it does make sense that Russell Brand fares better as a CGI bunny than in his native, gangling, strange-faced form.
4. Soul Surfer - $11.1 million. The perfect "fuck sharks" piece to prepare us for "yay dolphins."
5. Insidious - $9.7 million. Rather than see fantasy-era Danny McBride get stoned, audiences opted for a demon that looks like he can't wait to get stoned (on stilts) at Burning Man.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]