The Hangover, Part II debuted as the biggest opening ever for an R-rated comedy, leading the way for what became the biggest Memorial Day weekend box office ever. When entering these numbers into your tablets, jot a note that they are four-day holiday numbers.
1. The Hangover, Part II - $106 million. What a sad state when, on a beautiful holiday weekend, everyone would rather just sit inside watching this movie than go out and get super wasted themselves.
2. Kung Fu Panda 2 - $62.2 million, falling short of the original Kung Fu Panda's opening. Which just proves the old saying, "As funny as it is to watch someone overweight exert themselves at first, eventually you'll probably wander off after you start feeling bad about it."
3. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - $50.4 million, dropping 56% and straggling behind all of its predecessors. About time for ol' Jack Sparrow to pack it in and take that contract for a nightly Vegas stage show.
4. Bridesmaids - $20.9 million, holding up well against The Hangover despite being referred to as "The Hangover, with ladies."
5. Thor - $12 million Thor bucks.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]