Your weekend box office:
1. Thor - $34.5 million, holding the top spot for a second straight weekend. And here I always stupidly thought Xolotl would end up being the most commercially marketable thunder god.
2. Bridesmaids - $24.4 million, a solid opening for an R-rated comedy that sounds suspiciously like a WE channel reality show.
3. Fast Five - $19.5 million, pushing the worldwide total to over $440 million. Good thing no one had the sense to stop making these after three or four, huh?
4. Priest - $14.5 million--a 17% smaller opening than Legion, and a sign that maybe it's time we stop having Paul Bettany play action-oriented Christian heroes. Right after we have him play a towheaded assassin Moses.
5. Rio - $8 million, dropping only 5.9% due to it being the only film out that will shut those godforsaken kids up for a couple hours.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]