Your record-setting, magical weekend box office:
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 - $168.5 million, beating The Dark Knight's $158.4 and setting a new record for highest-grossing opening weekend ever. Makes sense it would be Harry Potter who takes out Batman. Especially if you've read my fan fiction on the subject.
2. Transformers: Dark of the Moon - $21.3 million. The American sentient auto industry just can't compete against the British magician industry.
3. Horrible Bosses - $17.6 million, bringing the total gross to $60 million--though, really, most of the profit will probably be coming in next month, when back-to-school shopping sends those Horrible Bosses three-ring-punched folders flying off the shelves.
4. Zookeeper - $12.3 million. With only $42 million total, it's certainly shaping up to be no Paul Blart: Mall Cop. And in this rare instance, I'm saying that with a negative connotation.
5. Cars 2 - $8.3 million, just beating out the newly-opening Winnie the Pooh--a movie whose beloved characters are apparently still not as popular as cars with eyes on them.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]