Your weekend box office:
1. Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - $29.6 million, thus establishing Tom Cruise's intense jogging as a popular activity for yet another calendar year.
2. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - $21 million, bumping its total to over $131 million and placing it within arm's reach of M:I's $132.5 million gross. Whoever's ahead at the end of the month gets the pizza party.
3. Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked - $16.4 million--up 30% from last week, because it's that fucking good.
4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - $14.8 million, at last giving David Fincher enough to finish paying off his vast merkin debt.
5. War Horse - $11.4 million, an increase of over 90% from Christmas weekend. It's looking like a good year to be a horse.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]