Your weekend box office:
1. The Devil Inside - $34.5 million. The film had dismal reviews, but few could resist beholding the miracle of a Christian cold sore.
2. Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - $20.5 million. That's $458 million total worldwide paid to Tom Cruise's jogging.
3. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - $14.1 million, bringing the domestic total alone to over $150 million. The spirit of Sherlock Holmes is indeed alive and well, so long as it promises to cross-dress with Jude Law.
4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - $11.3 million, bringing the production within $15 million of making its budget back, which would really score one for all the bisexual gothic punk hackers whose high school friends said they would never make it as a book-turned-film protagonist in two different countries.
5. Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked - $9.5 million, and still only one incident of a man pulling his dick out and showing it off to the audience. Not bad, Chipmunks.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]