Your weekend box office:
1. The Lorax - $70.7 million--the best opening of the year and the second-highest debut ever for an animated non-sequel. Lorax can finally afford that Mazda SUV he's had his eye on.
2. Project X - $20.8 million--the most money ever made by the sitcom episode where the kid has an out-of-hand party when the parents leave.
3. Act of Valor - $13.7 million, now putting the film over $33 million its budget. These guys are going to be able to buy such cool stuff next time they play guns.
4. Safe House - $7.2 million, pushing the film to over $100 million domestic. This success will have no bearing on your ability to later distinguish Safe House from any other modern Denzel Washington film.
5. Tyler Perry's Good Deeds - $7 million, dropping over 55%, which is sort of Below Average Deeds for a Tyler Perry, but fair enough, Tyler Perry.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]