Your weekend box office:
1. Ice Age: Continental Drift - $46 million. It's a drop from similar animated fare like The Lorax, Brave, Madagascar 3, and even Ice Age 3 (this is the fourth, somehow)--all of which opened between $60 and $70 million--but still good enough to take the top spot. So let's say 50-50 odds of Ice Age 5: Christmas in New York.
2. The Amazing Spider-Man - With a 44% drop to $35 million, Spider-Man fails to hold on to the top spot in its second week. He's just doing whatever a spider can, okay?
3. Ted - $22.1 million. The film is on track to become both the biggest R-rated comedy ever and the highest-grossing film of Mark Wahlberg's career. The only hope of stopping it? A particularly raunchy sequel to The Lovely Bones.
4. Brave - $10.7 million, falling 45% as families decided to instead see what new wisdom Ray Ramano would impart from behind his veil of CGI mastodon.
5. Magic Mike - $9 million. Hurry up and catch the original before Channing Tatum "flips the script."
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]