Your weekend box office:
1. The Possession - $9.5 million, topping what turned out to be the worst-grossing weekend since the same dismal period in 2008. Congratulations!
2. Lawless - $6 million. Now when are they going to make a movie about today's modern booze runners? Whenever I see a guy driving a Miller High Life truck, it always looks like he has stories to tell.
3. The Words - $5 million. Hey, more like THE TURDS, huh? I spent all weekend on that.
4. The Expendables 2 - $4.8 million, another declining week for the Traveling Wilburys of shooting dudes.
5. The Bourne Legacy - $4 million, topping new, wide release The Cold Light of Day by eight spots and $2.2 million. (Note: The Cold Light of Day is that capital-T Thriller with Bruce Willis and New Superman. I forgot too.)
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]