While Iron Man 3 was out making $195 million overseas this weekend, here's what happened in the domestic box office:
1. Pain and Gain - $20 million. It's a weak opening by Michael Bay standards, but lucky for Michael Bay, he doesn't really worry all that much about standards.
2. Oblivion - $17.4 million, just as L. Ron Hubbard's thetan forever predicted.
3. 42 - $10.7 million. Hopefully this film's success will lead to similar biopics, so we can finally hear of Ken Griffey Jr.'s struggles with shooting that Nintendo 64 commercial with Scott Adsit.
4. The Big Wedding - $7.5 million. So, evidently, cramming Robert De Niro, Diane Keaton, Susan Sarandon, Topher Grace, Ben Barnes, Robin Williams' character from License to Wed, Amanda Seyfried, and Katherine Heigl into a single stock rom-com plot does not guarantee a profit. Can't really blame anyone for thinking it would though, you know?
5. The Croods - $6.6 million. Each week it remains in the top five is another week I don't regret all my Croods tattoos.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]