Your weekend box office:
1. Monsters University - $46.2 million, still dominating in its second weekend. I just hope parents are remembering to remind children that it's just a movie, and that the true "Monsters University" remains Hitler Community College.
2. The Heat - $40 million, which works out to almost exactly the sum of Bridesmaids and Miss Congeniality 2's combined opening. So that kind of makes sense.
3. World War Z - $29.8 million. Now over four decades since George Romero invented the genre, still audiences can't get enough of Brad Pitt movies.
4. White House Down - $25.7 million. Turns out it was TOO SOON (after the tragic events during which Gerard Butler also saved the President of the United States).
5. Man of Steel - $20.8 million, bringing the film's total gross to now over half a billion worldwide. Can't wait to see who they get to play Richard Pryor in the sequel.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]