Your weekend box office:
1. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - $73.7 million, proving that if you keep saying you're desolate, eventually people will come see you. Maybe I'm just not saying it loudly enough.
2. Frozen - $22.2 million. But kids will watch anything named after margarita options.
3. Tyler Perry's Madea Christmas - $16 million. Hallelujer.
4. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - $13.2 million. You would not even believe how much money this thing has made in four weeks. I'm not even going to tell you. It would be gauche.
5. Thor: The Dark World - $2.7 million. Stay tuned after the credits for Tom Hiddleston's anti-smoking PSA, the "Loki Don't Smokey" rap.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]